Burlington Winter Festival - Burlington, VT
Ages: 0 - 14+
Cost: Some events may charge a fee for entrance
Parking: Yes - http://churchstmarketplace.com/parking/directions.html
Features: Dog Friendly, Restrooms
- Vermont State Snow Carving Competition: ongoing Thursday - Saturday.
- People’s Choice Voting: Saturday | Vote for your favorite sculpture!
- Award Ceremony: 1:30p.m. Saturday
CONTOIS AUDITORIUM, CITY HALL – SATURDAY
- Young Tradition Showcase and Dance: 6-9 p.m. Saturday Presented by Burlington Parks and Recreation and Young Tradition Vermont. Free pizza at the break! $5 suggested donation ($10 per family).
WATERFRONT – SATURDAY
- Vermont State Snow Carving Competition - Carving ends at Noon; Judging and Awards Ceremony at 1:30
- Special Olympics Vermont 17th Annual Burlington Penguin Plunge - Registration begins at 8 a.m. and the plunging starts at 11.
- Burlington Parks & Recreation Family Activity Expo -10:00 - 3:00 at the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center. $4 admission.
- POPUP Moran - Ice Skating, Bonfire, S'mores.
- FREE Horse Drawn Wagon rides on the Bike Path from 10:00 - 3:00.
- Make Your Own Crepe Day @ Skinny Pancake - 11:00 - 3:00 - Free
CHURCH STREET MARKETPLACE - SATURDAY
- Ice Breaker Button Promotion
- Winter Dance Party - 10:00 - Midnight on the City Hall Block. Dance on the bricks for Church Street’s Winter Dance Party in partnership with Hotel Vermont! Featuring BONJOUR-HI
HILTON HOTEL - SATURDAY
- Kids VT Camp and School Fair: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Hilton Hotel on Battery Street. Parents and kids can tour around the camp and school options and make arrangements for the summer and year. Free admission. All ages welcome
- Hotel Vermont Ice Bar - Friday and Saturday
- Friday and Saturday evening 2/1 and 2/2 from 6 - 9 pm
- 21+ Tickets required
Reviewed on 02/04/2012
This year we went to the Penguin Plunge and the Family Expo at ECHO. Both were great events. We were able to find free parking easily at the lot directly across from the waterfront on Lake Street, despite the fact that we arrived shortly after 11:00am.
We watched 30 brave teams of plungers dive into the icy waters...more
Reviewed on 02/06/2011
We, too, only made it to see the ice sculptures on Church Street, but it was fun!
Reviewed on 02/05/2011
Had a great time! The boys loved watching people jump in the lake for The Penguin Plunge, the ice sculptures were really amazing and we LOVED the sled dogs!
Reviewed on 03/03/2010
We only made it to the ice sculptures and really enjoyed looking at all of the creations!