Fourth of July Celebration | Williston, VT
Ages: 0 and up
Parking: Yes - Parking will be available at Allen Brook and a shuttle bus will be operating from WCS. The shuttle will begin at 7:00pm and will continue until shortly before the fireworks begin and will begin returning shortly after the fireworks are complete.
Features: Dog Friendly, Snack Stand, Restrooms
Independence Day is one of Williston’s favorite holidays. Three days of community based events.
FIRECRACKER 5K FUN RUN at the Williston Community Park Field House
- Registration begins at 4:45pm, race begins at 6:00pm
BOOK SALE at the Library
- 4:00 - 6:00pm
ICE CREAM SOCIAL at the Village Green
- Begins at 7:00pm
LIBRARY BOOK SALE at Williston Central School Gym
- 9:00 - 2:00pm.
INDEPENDENCE DAY PARADE
- Begins at 10:00am
- Parade Route: Route 2 along Williston Rd. from Johnson’s Farm to Mountain View Road (east to west)
- Prizes awarded to the following categories: Best neighborhood entry, Best business entry, Best theme, Best community organization or group, Best church, Best band, Best entry with music, Best individual, Best entry with children, Judges’ favorite car, Judges’ favorite tractor, and Judges’ award.
FIRE DEPT OPEN HOUSE
- 11:00 - 11:45 Fire Extinguisher Training
- 11:00 - 1:00 - Station Tours, Touch-a-Truck, Children's Activities and Car Seat Saftey Inspections.
- 12:00 - 12:30 - Jaws of Life Demo
LUNCH at the Village Green
- 11:00am to 1:00pm (Hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn and refeshments)
CHILDREN'S GAMES at The Village Green
- 12:35pm - 1:00pm
FROG JUMPING CONTEST behind WCS
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm
MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT at Allen Brook School
- Food vendors, glow necklaces, a Bounce Castle from Vermont Bounce, and other fun stuff.
FIREWORKS at Dark (around 9:30 from Allen Brook School)
- Residents are welcome to watch the fireworks from the Catamount Family Golf Center on Mtn View Road.
- Very limited parking at ABS. A shuttle from WCS to ABS will start at 7PM.
Reviewed on 07/06/2011
We attended the parade for the first time this year and thought it was a great community event. Everyone was out in their red, white and blue and full of patriotic spirit. Arrive early and give yourself plenty of time to find parking- especially because they close Rt. 2 prior to the parade. The farmers market after offered activities and food and was a great way to close the morning.
Reviewed on 06/24/2011
Whether you watch these from your house, Allen Brook School or Williston Central School, you will not be disappointed. Great show that culminates a great day of events in Williston. You can tell that the town really enjoys this day to celebrate our country's independence and freedom.