Fourth of July Celebration | Williston, VT
Ages: 0 and up
Parking: Yes - Parking will be available at Allen Brook and a shuttle bus will be operating from WCS. The shuttle will begin at 7:00pm and will continue until shortly before the fireworks begin and will begin returning shortly after the fireworks are complete.
Features: Dog Friendly, Snack Stand, Restrooms
The Town of Williston celebrates the Fourth with activities on July 3rd & 4th. The schedule of events are:
Sunday, July 3
- 4:00-6:00p Library Book Sale- at Wiiliston Central School
- 6:00 Firecracker 5K Fun Run- to benefit the American Cancer Society.
- 7:00p Ice Cream Social and Town Band Concert- Village Green
Monday, July 4
- 9:00a-2:00p Library Book Sale- at Williston Central School
- 10:00a-1:00p Activities & Vendors on the Village Green
- 10:00a Parade- along Williston Road. From Johnson Lane to Old Stage Road
- 7:00-9:00pm Activities, Music & Vendors- at Allen Brook School
- Dusk Fireworks- at Allen Brook School.
- Parking and shuttle from Williston Central School, starting at 7:00pm.
Firecracker 5K Fun Run
Join in on the fun! As the Town of Williston and the American Cancer Society partners to fight back against cancer. This year's fun run is to benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life Nordic Style event! The Fun Run begins at 6:00pm at the Williston Community Park (by the restrooms).
Registration: Adults- $15, Children- $10 (13 years and under). Pre-register with the American Cancer Society at www.relayforlife.org/firecracker5kvt. Onsite registration opens at 5:00pm. Every runner will receive a complimentary race shirt! All ages are welcome!
Reviewed on 07/06/2011
We attended the parade for the first time this year and thought it was a great community event. Everyone was out in their red, white and blue and full of patriotic spirit. Arrive early and give yourself plenty of time to find parking- especially because they close Rt. 2 prior to the parade. The farmers market after offered activities and food and was a great way to close the morning.
Reviewed on 06/24/2011
Whether you watch these from your house, Allen Brook School or Williston Central School, you will not be disappointed. Great show that culminates a great day of events in Williston. You can tell that the town really enjoys this day to celebrate our country's independence and freedom.