St. Albans Winter Carnival
Ages: 0 and up
Cost: Free - Some events require entrance fees. Check site.
Features: Dog Friendly, Snack Stand, Restrooms
A fantastic weekend of outdoor fun at the Hard'Ack Recreation Area with games, contests, fireworks, races and all kinds of outdoor adventure for the whole family.
The 10th Annual St. Albans Winter Carnival kicks off Saturday night with a beautiful winter display of Fireworks in downtown St. Albans and then a fantastic day Sunday, of outdoor fun with games, contests, races and all kinds of outdoor adventure for the whole family on Sunday at Hard'ack Recreation Area. The Duct Tape Derby, sliding, skating, 3rd Annual Flag Football Snow Bowl and other family activities take place at Hard'ack on Sunday starting at 11am.
- 11:00 am Winter Wonderland Family Nature Walk with Bridget Butler - FREE - but must pre-register
- 11:00am-2pm - Family Activities and Kids Games!
- 11:00am - Sugar on Snow and other Maple Treats for sale!
- Music by JAZ Entertainment!
- 11:00am - 2:00pm Horse Drawn Wagon Rides - FREE
- 11:00am - Start of 3rd Annual Flag Football Snow Bowl!
- Cash Bar by JW Ryans
- 2:00 Duct Tape Derby (Derby day Registration begins at 12:30pm). At 1:15pm all contestants will be asked to assemble with their vessels for the judges to get a close look at design and costuming. No registration fee this year!!
Reviewed on 02/28/2016
Lots of games and activities for older kids, I'd say 5 & up. Loved that they had alternative activities for lack of snow but there was nothing my toddler could participate in. I only went to the first days activities perhaps there is more stuff for younger kids on day two; but the description made it sound unlikely.