Choose Location:

Vermont Day School

  • 5

(3 reviews)
View Photos (1)
Vermont Day School
6701 Shelburne Road
ShelburneVT 05482
(802) 495-5150

Ages: 0 and up

Cost: Please see web site for current tuition prices.

Parking: Yes

Features:

Vermont Day School offers exceptional instruction in core academics, along with a project-based approach to learning that fosters critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity and collaboration. STEM, global studies, digital literacy, art, music, Spanish and PE are integral components of the curriculum. Individual learning goals, along with small classes led by experienced teachers, ensure that each child is well supported and appropriately challenged.

Vermont Day School offers: 

  • Instruction in core academic areas, along with music, Spanish, art and PE
  • Emphasis on 21st century learning competencies
  • Integration of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)
  • Engaging, project-based approach to learning
  • Individual learning goals for each student
  • Small classes taught by experienced, dedicated teachers

They also offer after school classes and summer camps.  

3 Reviews

Sort by:
photo

emanett1

  • 5

Reviewed on 01/19/2017

Finally... we found it. After looking at so many area private schools, magnet schools, and neighborhood schools, we finally found a school that emphasizes strong academics, social responsibility, outdoor play, multi-age friendships, and global awareness. VDS is a loving community of outstanding teachers and smart, friendly children. It is a beautiful space (both inside and out) for your child to grow and be nurtured as a learner. Students engage in wonderful problem and project based learning that is neither watered-down/fluffy nor mere busy work. Instead they each make great strides and face just the right amount of challenge and then experience pride in the result. The teachers are both excellent people and excellent guides in the learning/teaching adventure. The community of parents and children is warm and engaged for so young a school. We are so fortunate to have found VDS....more

Vermont Day School
photo

CoCoTremblay

  • 5

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

Vermont Day School has a focus on individual learning goals whereby the emphasis is to do your best, not just complete your work. I have a 5 year old son; he has to think about what he wants to achieve, write it down, implement a plan of action and follow through to reach his goal. He likes the feeling of succeeding and attaining his goal: an invaluable lesson. If you have a solid base to build upon, you can reach infinite possibilities - Vermont Day School is providing such a foundation.

Statistically speaking, people who write down their goals are more likely to achieve them. I've included a link to a very powerful article "Why 3% of Harvard MBAs Make Ten Times as Much as the Other 97% Combined" by Sid Savara:
http://sidsavara.com/personal-productivity/why-3-of-harvard-mbas-make-ten-times-as-much-as-the-other-97-combined
...more

Vermont Day School
photo

karidactyl

  • 5

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

While we are only 2 months into the school year, I can truly say that sending our child to Vermont Day School was one of the best decisions we've made as parents. The teachers and faculty are amazing. They really care about the students and the mission of the school. Each of the teachers has managed to engage my child in the learning process, as opposed to 'teaching' her. She comes home excited about the things she is doing in school and can't wait to go back each day. In the short time she has been there, I have seen a major change in her enthusiasm for reading and in her confidence in her ability to do things for herself. The education she is receiving is varied and rich, and each of the different teachers in the different subjects works in unison, giving the students well-rounded exposure to all aspects of the themes they are studying. The small class size seems to allow the teachers to really help each student improve their individual weak areas and continue to excel in their stronger ones. While this is the inaugural year for Vermont Day School, it feels like a pretty well-oiled machine. I honestly can't say enough good things about this school. ...more

Vermont Day School